Amsterdam to London with Starbucks Corporate UK
Amsterdam to London in 33 hours. An epic journey – delivering the first four bags of Starbucks’ Christmas 2016 blend from the roastery in Amsterdam to the Starbucks EMEA Leadership Experience at Tobacco Dock, London.
One of our favourite clients got in touch with this rather interesting question a couple of weeks after finishing a Bespoke tour he and a group of friends had undertaken with us. Sure we thought, but why? After a phone call and several emails the plan transpired. Peter who works in the Starbucks UK Head Office had been tasked with a rather ambitious plan by his Director. Could a team of Starbucks riders from Head Office deliver the first bags of the Christmas 2016 blend from the European roastery in Amsterdam, to the Starbucks EMEA Leadership Experience event at Tobacco Dock in London.
Amsterdam to London – Over 400km, two days and a deadline of 3pm to arrive at Tobacco Dock to be greeted by several hundred delegates. This would take expert planning, delivery and support, which is why Starbucks UK contacted Le Domestique Tours.
For this event we provided:
- A professionally designed and researched route to meet the needs and demands of our demanding corporate client crossing four countries and three ferry crossings. The route utilised in excess of 300km of cycle lanes to provide safe cycling that satisfied the various risk assessment procedures required to sign off an event of this nature. The route was pre-rode in its entirety to ensure flawless navigation during the event itself, while allowing an event time line to be established to ensure the timings could be met.
- A bike and luggage transfer service, with collections and returns from Starbucks UK Head Office in west London, to and from the start and finish, allowing riders to travel in a hassle free fashion.
- Full logistical support and coordination of ferry crossings and hotel bookings to ensure the event itself ran flawlessly, including last minute alterations to the itinerary and travel plans to fit in with the client’s needs.
- A fully supported and guided event, with a combination of guide rider (who had completed the route in its entirety), together with a support van and driver to ensure the riders had everything they needed throughout the event.The results:
- The team arrived one hour ahead of the target time, at the presentation event to be greeted by the assembled conference attendees, allowing the first bags of Starbucks Christmas Roast 2016 to be presented to an audience of several hundred attendees who had been monitoring our progress thanks to a live feed on Starbucks’ internal app.